- Beckman Instruments – Imported translated MS Word files into FrameMaker using customer templates. Some documents were Quick Reference Guides, Maintenance Manuals, and Operation Manuals. Languages were French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Lucent Technologies, Inc – Imported translated MS Word files into Ventura Publisher and formatted each language using customer templates. Documents consisted of User Guides and Operation Manuals. Imported and sized all graphics and included figure captions and call‐outs in foreign languages.
- SPAN Integrated Systems – Edited, wrote, and formatted user manuals that described high-tech monitoring software. We used MS Word. The manual was the Security Manager and Historian marketing documents. We also wrote, designed, and formatted all online help files.
- ICN Pharmaceuticals – Imported text into marketing catalogs using Ventura Publisher. We also formatted the content according to the customer style specifications. Languages were French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Russian.
- NHS Inc – Wrote, edited, and formatted user and operational manuals that described integrated software for power measuring instruments. Documents consisted of User Guides, Operational Manuals, and Command Reference Guides.
- Virgin Interactive Entertainment – Arranged for the translation of English text into Spanish text and formatted the approved text into MS Word for the video game, Red Alert, box cover.
- American Omni Medical – Designed and formatted various flowcharts for the Quality Assurance team and Sales Order system. Used Corel Flowchart and Pagemaker 5.0 for the final layout.
- Hycor Biomedical – Formatted translated text from Word to Quark Express and PageMaker. Also designed inserts, manuals, and labels in Adobe Freehand. Languages were French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Etherwan, Inc – Wrote and formatted the EX‐1808 and EX‐1605 User Guides and placed graphics and screens in strategic locations.
- NH Research, Inc. – Formatted large manuals for power supply equipment in MS Word and converted the completed and approved manual to PDF format. Edited technical support documentation and formatted document for final printing. Prepared several sections of a reference manual for online help, compiled the files for linking to hexadecimal addresses for context help in the user interface.
- Createc – Captured software screens that demonstrated how the software worked, enhanced and edited the files in MS Word for RoboHelp, and compiled the project for final review.
- Whessoe‐Varec – Formatted several product worksheets in PageMaker 6.0; scanned equipment photographs for importation and placement into the specification sheet; and imported CAD drawings that were engineering specifications.
Note: The ToshibaHelpSamples, SuperHelpSamples, and WebPhoneSamples were compiled using an earlier version of RoboHelp. In order to view them on your Windows PC, download Help Explorer Viewer. This application is free and will enable you to see the work that I did.