I worked for Technical Connections’ customer, Universal Electronics, Inc., to update and edit a Web Services Guide, which was an API guide. There were five tasks involved in this short-term assignment as follows:
- Extract new APIs from Doxygen, copy and paste each into the guide, and edit.
- Check the existing APIs in the guide against the Doxygen files to ensure that the content was identical.
- Create examples of requests and responses for each new API.
- Work with the development team to make the content more clear and understandable.
- Reformat the guide adding an overview with a cross referenced list of headings in the overview, and add a documentation history table which included date and version number.
This sample shows three stages of the writing of a user guide for Web Services capturing RESTful, JSON, and XML APIs.